Friday, April 3, 2009

Friday Favorites

I don't know if Friday Favorites is strictly Melanie's of Write Stuff, or if someone else started it, or if lots of people do it without knowing that other people do, but I'm linking to Mel because she's my inspiration here.

Do you have one of these?  


We have two of them (the small ones) (thanks, Jon), and I love them dearly.  It's one of my favorite toys of all time.  (It's an OBall, in case you didn't know)

I know, it's kind of weird and it's kind of just a ball, (and it kind of has ugly colors) but I still love it.  It's the easiest ball on earth to grab.  It's extremely light.  You can crunch it up and stick it in your diaper bag.   You can stick toys in it for added fun.  You can make squishing noises (you have to make them yourself, they're not included) while you step on it or smash it into the floor with your hand.  Or you can just toss it back and forth with your very-nearly-two year-old for 20 minutes while watching a favorite TV show.  

It has a little bit of bounce, but not so much that it runs rampant all over the house.  

I just love it.  I think parents of children ages 6 months + (especially one and two year olds) should have one of these.  Especially if the kid loves balls*.
*Remember this?:


18 comments:

Susan said...

Beth says, "I couldn't even do that." We love that video, and we miss that cousin! We also love those balls :) Are you sure you can't just hide Aaron in your suitcase when you come?

Kazzy said...

One day he will be making millions as an athlete. Keep this video just incase!

Barbaloot said...

I would only want it if it made the squishing noises itself. Bummer.

Heidi said...

Key-uuute! Hey, your off posting schedule this week, huh? It's fun!

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

I've never seen those before but I want one, nay, NEED one now. Spiffy!

Melanie Jacobson said...

My son would lose his mind if he had one of these. He's obsessed with balls. Hey, Baby G, here are fifty toys. What do you want? The ball? Shocker.

Lesley said...

We loved ours too. We recently went to pick out a Christmas present for the girls' baby cousin, and guess what they picked out? Yep one of those balls! And he loved it.

That Girl said...

Oooooh. I want one. Maybe two.

Andi Kate, Children's Author said...

I have seen these balls, but did not realize the myriad of uses! I must have one!

Anonymous said...

As soon as they create one life-size that I could crawl into and run around the back yard like a hamster, then I'll buy one. This is the only way I can guarantee the ball will stay on our property -- every time we get a new ball, it ends up over the back fence, and our backyard neighbor has a dog like the one in "The Sand Pit." Those bouncy balls are gone forever!

Heather of the EO said...

ME TOO! I've thought about this very thing way too much. I love that ball. So does Asher :)

Aquaspce said...

Awwww cute video that kid's got skillz!

And that ball looks like fun too!

Alison Wonderland said...

I have two kids 2 and 1, I guess I ought to get a couple of those.

J. Baxter said...

My five year old (who kind of thinks he IS Pistol Pete Marovich) is impressed.

And that's high praise.

And my two year old (who is more coordinated than all of her brothers were at this age) would totally love that ball!

Little GrumpyAngel said...

That's an interesting ball! Even adults can enjoy it and use for de-stressing. If you can step on it and smash it and all that without breaking it then it should be marketed to adults as a stress-ball.

I love that video of your future NBA star :-)

charrette said...

We don't have an O-ball (nor anyone young enough to justify having one), but we have an O-mop! And my favorite color of lipstick was called simply O.

Erin said...

thanks for the recommendation. I will get one for Mimi for her birthday!

Anne said...

I don't think I've ever seen a child just toss a ball up and down like Aaron! When did he start that? It's been a while, huh?

Little cutie!