Thursday, July 31, 2008

You Asked for It

So I'm not a big fan of pictures of myself in general. And it's much worse when I've got the bad cut and dork glasses, which Nathan was right about in his comment on the original hair post (in that it was an unpleasant surprise when I put them on and was able to actually SEE how they look from farther than one nose length away--although for me that may be farther than it is for some).

I had Greg take a couple pictures, all of which gave me the neck of a football player, and were therefore unuseable (obviously). I decided it might be less objectionable and more informative if I shot some video so you could see all three dimensions of it. So Evie shot some for me, and I was being an excellent guide and explaining everything for y'all. Then we realized that the cheap little camera we were using doesn't have a mic. Good thing I've got the gestures going on so you know where you're supposed to look and everything. I present you with 10 seconds of Lisa's new hair and glasses:



Then I decided to also try another shot, but this time holding Aaron to bring this post a much needed element of cuteness that was desperately lacking with just the video. He doesn't have a new haircut, but he's got some glasses that he loves to wear around the house (they were Evie's and that's why they have flowers on them. That's also why he only wears them around the house.) Evie took this one for us, too! If this continues, I may have to increase her allowance! Oh wait, she doesn't get an allowance.

Then I thought, as long as I was addressing commenters, I might as well address Andrea, who mentioned-also in the comments- having once flipped my hair up. I think I might sort of vaguely remember that, but one thing I DO know is that I love hair flipped up! With this haircut I can flip it up in the back, as well as doing it under as seen here. I dislike it both ways equally. But I think Evie looks the cutest with her hair flipped.



So, if you feel inclined to comment, keep in mind that a) I'm very into honesty, and b) you can't go wrong, as you'll either be commiserating with me, or assuring me that it's not as bad as it seems. Win-win.

13 comments:

Nathan said...

Oh, what a shame that there's no sound! I would have loved to hear your sourcastic* observations about your hair and Evie's darling voice.

What a fine flip she has!

The bangs and glasses are nice. You remind me of my Polish teacher Bożena. (Not a bad thing, honest!) Since you've blended so nicely with local sensibilities, I suppose I'll have to have the courage to get a fauxhawk next time I'm in Poland. . .

*Erin and I had an institute teacher who always pronounced it this way. We THINK it was on purpose. . .

Erin said...

I think you look great Lisa! The glasses are very cute. I think the haircut is nice on you, but I would be frustrated with having bangs as well. I got my haircut the other day and after reading about your experience, I was a lot more specific in what I wanted. I even looked up what terms meant (tapered, stacked etc.) so that I would know the lingo. It turned out fine fortunately.

I can sympathize with your spell check frustrations all of the sudden. Nathan just installed a Polish dictionary or something and now the spell check is underlining almost every word. Kind of silly since we use English 99% of the time.

Erin said...

I forgot to say that Evie's hair is totally cute! It flips perfectly! Lydia's always goes under on one side and out on the other. It is kind of funny looking.

Karen E. said...

I personally think it's great, and I like the glasses too. But if I had a hairdresser who gave me that drastic of a change without even asking, I would freak out no matter what I looked like!

Olivia Petty said...

Evie looks so much older! AAAAAHHHH!!!!!! Anyway, I like your haircut, and your glasses are equally as dorky as dad's. I've been checking your blog often on account of, that none of my friends love blogger as much as I, and you, do. Check my blog often, I love people who do. Thank you.

Becky said...

I like your hair! I'm envious of anyone who can go short and still look great. Mine's naturally curly and I've never gone shorter than shoulder length - I'm terrified of having a fro. :)

Carlynn said...

Lisa you look beautiful and happy! I really like your glasses they are so chic on you.

I envy people that can pull off a short cut! You look great in one, bangs included. I often wish I dared to go short but I know I will feel like a boy. The shortest I can remember going was in 7th grade up above my shoulders and I hated it. I cut it again after having Cory and even with my more feminine figure (or extra fat) I still felt like I looked like a boy.

Your daughter is a beauty and looks full of personality. How old is she now? I want to say Cory is a little older but I cannot remember for the life of me.

Anywho.... You look awesome! Thanks for sharing your pic.

Emily said...

I like your new hair!

And the video.

LisAway said...

Thanks everyone! You are all so kind. I'm starting to get used to the hair, but I still can't wait till I can get these bangs to reach behind my ears!

And Evie's hair also flips funny in real life, sometimes out in back and under on the sides, but we use a curling iron when we want it more uniform like in the picture.

And I'm glad to hear that my glasses are as dorky as Olivia's cool dad's! Now if I could just develop a quirky personality, like he's got. (If anyone's wondering, Olivia is one of the girls I babysat when Greg and I first got married [she was two]--and she blogs now! CRAZY!)

Olivia Petty said...

I'm not CRAZY! Just no longer think a green block of wood is a dalmation.

Susan said...

How did I miss this post?!? I guess it doesn't matter what you do to yourself, you always seem so hip to the hip to the. But really, I really like the glasses. The hair's cute on you, even though, like you are clearly saying in your video at the end (point to self) "I" (twirl your fingers around and around) "am crazy!"

more info said...

nice post i like this post.

animated funny pictures said...

You look great in one, bangs included