Thursday, August 26, 2010

False Advertising

So people keep stopping by my blog from the Mormon Mommy Blogs website. Well, I'll tell you a story.

A long, long time ago I used to be one of the first to read TheOneTrueSue's blog posts, as she posted at unearthly hours which were only unearthly if you were on a certain side of the earth, which I wasn't.

One day she posted about a new thing she was trying. I clicked over and suddenly found myself the first to comment and request to be added to the - then very short - list of Mormon Mommy Bloggers. I was added in the humor category.

I had no idea what exactly this site was or what it would become. I was shocked the first time a perfect stranger, who had found me on MMB, commented on my blog.

Since that time I have met a lot of great people that way. Still, I have had repeated pangs of guilt about the category I'm placed under. I figured that, yeah, sometimes I write about something funny or what I write ends up coming out kinda funny. But I continue to feel a little bad.

I feel bad because, let's face it, everything I write isn't funny. Let's also face it, most of what I write isn't funny. This isn't exactly a "humor blog". It's just my blog, you know?

So anyway, I'm gonna move over to the International blogs because if there is one thing that can be said about my blog it's that it is international. And don't try to tell me it's not!
(just got my first two comments and forgot that of course you nice people will tell me I'm funny after this post! I really did not mean to ask for that.)

9 comments:

Barbaloot said...

There should be an international humor category. Just for you:)

Lara Neves said...

Sure you're funny! But you're also thoughtful and yes, very international!

Alison Wonderland said...

I'm right there with you. Not in the humor section (and I have no business being there either) but I am apparently a person who thinks big thoughts.
You know, big thoughts like "maybe it's just easier to burn the house down than to clean it." Oh, I'm a big thought thinker alright.

Kazzy said...

International blogs... sounds so exotic!

Annette Lyon said...

Categorizing ourselves is HARD, isn't it? How fun that you were one of the first with MMB.

Lesley said...

Not that you're NOT funny, but I wouldn't categorize you as Humor. Just sayin'. I like International for you. I think it will be a good move!

Stephanie said...

Kind of like I feel like a fraud now because my youngest is out of diapers. Maybe everyone would stop reading if they knew the truth... :)

Heather of the EO said...

I think I'm in a category like "Mormon friendly" which is also false advertising because I make it a practice to not be friendly to Mormons.

(joking, of course)
(that's why I should be in the funny category)

(just kidding)

And yes, I'll agree with the other friends here, you ARE funny, but I agree with YOU too, that international blogs might be best since you are all the way over there and your blog is variety-esque. :)

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

I feel guilty when I AM funny because I'm in the thoughtful category...maybe I should go international too! I guess none of us are one thing all the tome, eh?