Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Just Write: My Life is Just Right

We're all in the living room.  Frank Sinatra is playing.  When Greg first turned it on I wasn't sure if it was Harry Connick or Frank.  I checked and it's Frank.  He sounds like Christmas to me.

Some yummy smelling oil is diffusing.  Greg is sitting on an exercise ball rocking back and forth to the music with both Aaron and Spencer on his lap.  I don't know how he's doing that, but I'll bet it's good exercise.

Evie is making Christmas presents for her cousins.  I will take them to California when I go in two weeks for Thanksgiving.  David is drawing -- cars, of course -- with glitter glue paint.

Everyone is talking in low voices and it feels like Family.  It feels like Home.

I'm getting up now to make something warm and yummy and good to balance out the too-much-sweets-from-our-Halloween-party last night.  But I promised Aaron I'd play one game of Candyland with him first.

I love my life.

I wrote about this moment to join in with Heather's Just Write free writing exercise.  You can join in or read Just Write posts from other bloggers by following that link.


4 comments:

Barbaloot said...

Sounds wonderful. And I feel nostalgic now.

Kazzy said...

I have been intrigued by Heather's Just Write. Now I am picturing you swaying to the music a little. Harry is awfully cute. LOL

Kori said...

This is my first time participating and reading other Just Write posts; this one is especially lovely.

wow gold said...

You should also bring more pairs of shoes can be rotated cheap wow gold , and the products to be able to keep in mind that we can not allow the newspaper to correct cheapest wow gold the drainage between the units ishiner.