Yesterday I added a little visitor map to my blog (bottom of my sidebar) that I had seen on a friend's blog. I mostly really like the idea of having a cool map of the world on my blog with it's title/theme. It makes it easy to remember that I really am a world away. It is also so small (before you open it) that it makes it look like I'm very nearby! Which is just how blogging makes me feel!
So before I added this map, I looked at my friend's and saw that the dot on the map located in southeastern Poland is pretty monstrous, and as size indicates number of hits I started to feel a little stalkerish. So I decided to write this to give all my excuses to anyone who may have some sort of traking thing for their blog and sees that I visit their site 29 times each day. (I've already emailed some of you some of my excuses) Don't be afraid! This is why I do it!:
- I love all your blogs. I think you are great people (most of you, anyway. Just kidding!) This should be reason enough (but obviously I don't think it is, or I wouldn't be posting my excuses!).
- I still haven't caught up reading some of your old posts and it's kind of slow going between taking care of kids and I'm kind of doing one post at a time throughout the day.
- I like to read comments and revist to see who has left comments on posts I read recently.
- I'm not very organized and I use lots of your blogs as a jumping off point to visit other blogs that I love.
- Blogging really is my main contact with English speakers, so I have to make up for all the conversations I would have with friends and strangers every day if I lived in America. :)
- I'm pathetic.