What were you doing a decade ago?
I was a newlywed! (here's the rubbing it in part: Anne was in Korea toward the end of her mission, and her sister was a newlywed; therefore, her sister didn't wait for her to come back from her mission so she could attend the wedding...) We were living in Orem in a nice little studio apartment. Greg was still going to school and working at the MTC. I was working for the Pettys as a "mother's helper." The twins were about 8 months old. My life was like a dream. Then I started taking Accutane...(dum dum, DUM!)(or should that be: dumb, dumb, DUMB!?)
5 things on my "to do" list:
Oh! It's right before bed, so this is easy:
- publish this post
- brush teeth/wash face
- undress (because, really. Who wears pajamas?)
- shower and get ready for the day (this is embarrassing, but when I make a real to-do list, when I have lots of stuff to get done, I actually list this, but everything separate, i.e. shower, fix hair, make-up, so I can cross off more stuff)
- clean kitchen(Monday), or bathrooms (Tuesday), or vacuum (Mon, Wed., Friday. but usually only happens twice a week. Sometimes once.), or thoroughly clean living room (Thursday) etc.
- wash, hang, fold laundry (every day 1-2 loads--think European size washing machine, American size family-sort of)
- deal with kids (feed, help with homework, read to/with, scream at etc.)
- Get dinner going
5 places I've lived:
- Orem, Utah
- Burbank, California
- Rexburg, Idaho
- Provo, Utah
- Mielec, Poland
5 (I mean 6) jobs I've had:
- phone surveyor
- mother's helper (Austins)
- Rick's college library cleaner
- Head Start assistant teacher
- mother's helper (Pettys)
5 things people don't know about me:
- I sucked my thumb until I was 5 or 6 and I was unstoppable until my dentist custom made a retainer that put spikes on the roof of my mouth and made it impossible. To this day the roof of my mouth is higher than normal, and my thumb won't fit in the indention there, but I bet if I took David's (6 year-old son) thumb and pushed it on the roof of my mouth it would fit like a glove.
- I have always LOVED to sing, never been very good at it, and lately shock myself more and more often to hear that I'm off key.
- I used to be really good with kids.
- I was an extra in one episode of The Wonder Years where you can see me dancing like a dork (but you can't see that Fred Savage stepped on my foot about 17 times).
- I made Lech Walesa laugh once.